These are super moist & flavourful !
They start with a boxed cake mix but I up it a notch with a few extra ingredients - fresh lime juice, lime gelatin and more....
The glaze adds some serious 'pucker' power.
Love these old glass juicers, they remind me of my Nana.
I decorated some of the cupcakes with coloured sugar & candy limes.
Others i decorated with graham cracker crumbs, grated limes & candy limes - oh so pretty!
Key Lime Cupcakes
1 box Duncan Hines white cake mix
1 box (4-serving size) lime-flavored gelatin
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup Key lime juice (or regular lime juice)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 or 3 drops green food color, if desired
1 cup powdered sugar
2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons Key lime juice
Duncan Hines Frosting Creations starter
Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Key Lime Flavour Mix
1. Heat oven to 350, line 24, line muffin pan with 24 paper liners
2. In a large bowl, mix all cupcake ingredients together, mix and bake as directed on box.
3. Meanwhile in a small bowl mix glaze ingredients.
4. When cupcakes are still slightly warm, poke holes in the top and pour glaze over each cupcake allowing to absorb & cool
5. Once cupcakes are compltely cooled, mix together your Frosting Creations & ice your cupcakes.
6. Option garnish - graham cracker crumbs, lime wedge/candy, grated lime
PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW