Wile we were making the Jolly Rancher Lollipops we decided to ry and make these Candy Cane Hearts. Once again, this is something I had seen on Pinterest and I can't remember the original source.
P;ace your candy canes in a heart shape around the stick
Now they are ready to go into the oven at 300 for about 3-5 minutes.
Keep an eye on them, you want to be able to shape
them but you don't want to melt them.
When they come out of the ove, squeese the bottom of the candy canes together around the stick. Shape the rest of the candy cane to get a heart shape you like.
I then melted about 1/2 cup of Merckens White Chocolate in the microwave for about 30 seconds on 50% (medium). Fill the center of heach heart and allow the chocolate to set, you can put it in the fridge if you want it to harden faster.
These are quick to make and pretty to look at!
Candy Cane Hearts
1. 12 mini candy canes
2. lollipop sticks
3. 1/2 cup white chocolate or candy coating
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees. On a parchment lined baking sheet, arrange the candy canes as hearts with the lollipop stick centered in between the two candy canes. Bake for 3-3 minutes. You want them to be pliable, but not melted. (or they'll flatten right out)
2. Remove from oven & shape candy canes into hearts by pinching the the bottom of the heart into the stick and pinching the top ends together. I also pulled the edges out to make my hearts more rounded.
If you plan on making more than 6, I suggest you only do 6 at a time as they will harden fairly quickly. If they harden while working on them, just pop them back in the oven for a few minutes.
3. Melt candy coating in the microwave at 30 second on 50% power or medium power.
4. Spoon the melted candy coating into the center of each heart and allow to set.
PRINTABLE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
You may also like these easy lollipops.
Click on the image to be taken directly to the instructions