We eat this sandwich for dinner probably once every 2 weeks or so and it's so easy to whip up, why wouldn't you? Yumm....
I sautee up some mushrooms, onions and peppers, seasoning them with lots of pepper and a little salt.
Then I cook beef strips in a pan with some steak seasoning and a little beef broth. Once the steak strips are cooked, I add some cheese to the top and let it melt..... I'm drooling doing this post...
Then I spread our favourite BBQ sauce on the super fresh white bun.
All that's left to do is spoon on the meat and pepper mixture and devour like ou've never eaten before!
BBQ Steak Sandwich
Serves 4 or more
1 lb outside round or any inexpensive cut, sliced thinly into strips
Super fresh soft white buns
BBQ sauce - pick your favourite
1 tbsp. steak seasoning
1 cup of sliced or grated cheese of your choice, we prefer Provolone or Monterey Jack or Havarti, we've done it all.
1 onion - sliced
1 green pepper - sliced into strips
1 lb mushrooms - sliced
1/4 cup of beef broth - optional
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for the pans
1. Drizzle a fry pan with a little oil and sauté vegetables adding pepper & salt, cook until desired doneness.
2. at the same time drizzle another pan with a little oil and sauté beef with steak seasoning until desired doneness. (This is where I add beef broth sometimes and then it will evaporate while cooking)
3. Once steak is cooked, sprinkle cheese over the strips, turn off the heat and cover until cheese has melted.
4. Butter each bun with your favourite BBQ sauce
5. Add steak/cheese mixture to bun and top with sautéed veggies.
PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW