FAKE + OREO = FOREO
I was thinking fudge, oreo cookies, bars & chocolatey, that's how these came about.
Line your 11" x 13" pan with parchment paper.
Add to a small saucepan - 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips.
Stirring constantly over low heat, melt your chocolate chips.
In the meantime, mix your oreo crumbs and butter until thoroughly blended and press firmly into your pan.
DON'T FORGET TO STIRE YOUR CHOCOLATE CHIPS!
Chocolate chips are all melted, add some regular milk if
consistency is too thick. I think it's about time you had a little taste too...
Spoon over crumb mixture, take a break, lick the bowl and spoon :)
Add broken / cut up fake oreos (or real oreos).
Don't you just want to eat it like this? Right here, right now?
Bake it in the oven - allow to cool completely.
May I present to you..... Foreo Bars!
(Fake + Oreo = Foreo)
6-8 fake oreo or real oreo cookies
2 1/2 cups of oreo or similiar cookie crumbs
1/2 cup of melted butter
1 - 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk (396 g)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
1) preheat oven to 325 degrees
2) Mix cookie crumbs, add melted butter and stir until blended.
3) Press firmly into bottom of 11"x13" pan.
4) Over low - medium heat melt chocolate chips & condensed milk.
(you may prefer to melt in microwave or over a double boiler)
5) Once melted, remove from heat, add vanilla & stir.
6) Evenly spread melted mixture over crumbs.
7) Cut or break up cookies & sprinkle over mixture. Use 6-8 cookies.
8) Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes
9) Cool completely & cut into bars.
I like to cut my bars on the small size, these are very rich and very chocolatey,large pieces may cause a chocolate frenzy!
Printable recipe below